Egg-free Easy Scones. These egg free scones are not only for people with egg allergies, they can be enjoyed by those who do not have allergies too. I hope that you will enjoy baking with this egg free scone recipe. Great recipe for Egg-free Easy Scones.
If the dough is too soft, it's fine if you dust your work surface so don't worry. SCONES (Egg Free) Scones are a single serving quick cakes that make a classic accompaniment to your cup of tea. Lightly sweetened these cakes are best served with jam and some whipped cream if you fancy. You can cook Egg-free Easy Scones using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg-free Easy Scones
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 6 grams of Baking powder.
- You need 30 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Margarine.
- You need 110 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 of optional, as much (to taste) ♪ Granulated sugar to spring on top before baking.
This recipe is a basic scone recipes where we have used flour, butter, sugar and milk and is dead simple to make. Mix with a whisk in a big bowl the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Cut in butter with a butter knife in each hand until mix looks like coarse crumbs. Pour in cream and fold in everything until just incorporated.
Egg-free Easy Scones step by step
- To make quickly to eat at home in a plastic bag: Try out. The only thing that gets messy is your knife. That's it..
- Put the cake flour, bread flour, baking powder and sugar in a food processor and process to mix. (This is instead of sifting)..
- Add the margarine and process until the texture is crumbly..
- Add the milk in 3 batches, processing between additions. Process until the dough comes together. If it gets heavy, switch the food processor off..
- Take the dough out of the food processor and knead while folding several times. Cover with plastic wrap and rest in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Don't worry too much about the resting time. Just do it while you're cleaning up the kitchen, or make the dough before taking the kids to school..
- Roll the dough out about 2 cm thick, and cut into squares or triangles or with a cutter. If you sandwich it between two layers of plastic before rolling it out, your work surface won't get messy..
- It's pretty hard to find the right size circular cutter. This tea cup is what works best for us. Use one with a thin rim..
- Bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 17 to 18 minutes..
- I tried dipping half the scones upside down in granulated sugar. I rolled the sides with sugar too..
- If you are eating these the next day, warm them up for 2-3 minutes in a oven and you can revive the crispy outside, soft and silky inside texture. Add chocolate chips and so on in Step 4..
Eggless Scones: You don't have to be English or relish tea to make scones/tea biscuits and enjoy them. Also scones can be made in no time, given that you don't even have to bring the butter to room temperature. Check out this list for amazing egg free scone recipes. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the sugar and raisins.