Cranberry Scones. In a large bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a large bowl, measure flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas. Mix in cranberries, sugar and orange rind. You can have Cranberry Scones using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cranberry Scones
- You need 200 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 40 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 125 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 1 of Dried cranberries.
Add buttermilk mixture and stir until soft dough forms. Butter or line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the cold butter and mix at the lowest.
Cranberry Scones step by step
- Add the sifted dry ingredients, sugar, and salt into a bowl, and mix around and around with a whisk or cooking chopsticks..
- Add the heavy cream, egg, and dried cranberries, and mix together..
- Dust the counter with a generous amount of flour, and roll the dough into a ball. Rotate, and then fold several times while flipping, then make into 2 cm thick..
- Either cut out a shape with a cookie cutter or cut with a knife. Leave the edges as is so that nice layers will appear. Do not fix the shape..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, place the pieces of scone dough, and bake in the oven for 12 ~ 15 minutes at 190℃. When lightly browned, they are done..
- When finished baking, put on a rack to let them cool..
- You can eat as is. Opening up the nice crevices, and eating with plenty of clotted cream and jam is the English-style..
- Enjoy with delicious tea..
In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in baking chips and cranberries. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicon baking mat.