Open-face Provençal vegetable sandwich.
You can cook Open-face Provençal vegetable sandwich using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Open-face Provençal vegetable sandwich
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced shiitake mushroom caps.
- You need 1 of large zucchini,halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper,quartered lengthwise and thinly.
- Prepare of Sliced.
- It’s 1 of small onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of pitted Kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of capers.
- You need 11/2 tablespoons of olive oil,divided.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of white wine vinegar.
- Prepare slices of Crusty bread, cut into thick.
- It’s 3/4 cup (3 ounces) of shredded mozzarella cheese (optional).
Open-face Provençal vegetable sandwich instructions
- Combine mushrooms, zucchini,bell pepper,onion,broth,oil,jalapeño pepper,capers,1 tablespoons oil, garlic,oregano,salt and black pepper in crock-pot slow cooker. Cover;cook on low 5to 6 hours.
- Turn off heat. Stir in vinegar and remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Let stand uncovered,15 to 30 minutes or until vegetables absorb some liquid. Season with additional salt and black pepper if desired..
- Spoon vegetables onto bread. If desired,sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and broil 30 seconds or until cheese is melted..