Banana Chocolate Scones. The chocolate and bananas are just a bonus and a combination made in heaven! Cold ingredients (butter and heavy cream) are necessary when making this banana chocolate chip scones, otherwise the butter will melt fast and the dough will be messy and hard to handle. To make the scones, start by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Banana Chocolate Scones made with banana and Fair Trade Certified organic cinnamon, organic Blue Agave and drinking chocolate. These scones make a delightful breakfast or brunch treat. Today has been a day to celebrate Mom. You can cook Banana Chocolate Scones using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Chocolate Scones
- It’s 150 grams of A) Cake flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of A) Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 20 grams of A) Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of A) Salt.
- It’s 1 of tablspoon A) Baking powder.
- It’s 60 grams of Butter.
- It’s 80 grams of Banana.
- You need 60 grams of Yogurt (sugarless).
- It’s 40 ml of Milk.
- It’s 60 grams of Chocolate.
- You need 40 grams of Sliced almonds.
- It’s 1 of Milk (for the glaze).
Moms are special, we all know that and they do and have done a lot for us. Banana and chocolate is one of my favourite flavour combinations. The bananas add sweetness and moisture to the scones and you can't go wrong with extra chocolate – just saying. They are light and flaky, moist and of course delicious!
Banana Chocolate Scones step by step
- Roughly mince the chocolate. If you can, roast the almond slices and let cool..
- Mash the banana. I recommend using a completely ripe banana..
- Add the yogurt and milk into Step 2. Let chill in the fridge until ready to use..
- Mix together the A) powdered ingredients. Add in the butter cut into 1 cm cubes..
- Mix in the butter by using a scraper etc. to cut it in until the bits of butter becomes grainy but course and crumbly..
- Add in Step 3 and gently mix together while being careful not to knead it. (Work quickly so the butter doesn't melt).
- Once it begins to stick together, mix in Step 1..
- It's okay if there is some floury bits left. Gather the dough together with your hands and place on the counter. (If you knead it too much, it won't be crumbly).
- While dusting with flour, stretch out the dough and fold in three. Repeat this Step 3 times..
- By the way, I separated the dough into 3 sections, as shown in the photo, and layered them on top of each other..
- Roll out the dough until it is about 2.5cm thick and cut out the shapes. As seen in the picture, I just used a knife to cut it..
- Spread some milk on the top and bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated 200℃ oven..
- They're finished. The lovely banana aroma stays in the air..
- The outside is rough and the inside is moist and fluffy. The almond slices and chocolate pieces are scattered throughout..
So grab those over ripe bananas hiding in your freezer and whip up a batch of these scones today! Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Scones With a super soft crumb, these banana bread scones are flaky and ultra moist. The banana flavor comes through perfectly without overpowering, and the chocolate chips? Cut the banana into small chunks; do not mash because it will add too much moisture to the scones. Mix in the chopped banana until just blended.