Easy Margarine Scones. Combine the cake flour, bread flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt, and sift twice. Mix until all of the powder becomes smooth. Mix the flour and baking powder in a bowl, rub in margarine using your fingers – or cut it into the dry ingredients using two knives/pastry blender Stir in the sugar, then add milk a little at a time while mixing to a stiff dough with a fork.
Make a well in the centre. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Start by combining the flour, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl. You can have Easy Margarine Scones using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Margarine Scones
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 40 grams of Margarine (salted).
- It’s 100 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Cake flour (for dusting).
Add the butter in chunks and cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter, or rub it in with your hands, until the mixture resembles course sand. One of the reasons I love scones so much is because they're so quick and easy to make. You can literally throw some flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into your food processor, work in some butter, stream in the cream, shape the dough, and bake them up in less than a half hour. I never used to make scones in the food processor.
Easy Margarine Scones step by step
- Ready your rolling pin, spatula, and mold. Cover the baking pan with cooking paper. Dust your cutting board with flour. Measure and chill the margarine..
- Combine the cake flour, bread flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt, and sift twice..
- Add the margarine to the bowl in step 2 and use the end of a fork to smash while mixing. Mix until all of the powder becomes smooth..
- Add milk to the center and use a spatula to mix together. Caution: don't knead. From here you'll want to move quickly. Preheat the oven to 200℃..
- Place the dough on your dusted cutting board and fold in half 6 – 7 times while lightly dusting..
- Use the rolling pin to flatten it to a thickness of 2 cm. Use your mold to create the shapes. Take the leftovers, combine, and make more shapes..
- Place on the cooking paper-lined baking pan and bake at 190℃ for 11 to 12 minutes. Bake until the top has a slight golden brown color..
- And they're complete. Serve together with maple syrup, jam, etc of your choosing..
- I tried substituting 20 g of the cake flour with wheatgerm. The wheatgerm changes the sweetness and fragrance. These are also delicious..
- Addition If you want to avoid collecting and reshaping the leftover dough, just cut the spread-out dough with a knife. If you still have leftovers, just roll it up into a ball..
- This is what they look like when finished. Feel free to make your own shapes..
Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. If you don't have baking parchment you can just grease the baking tray lightly with oil or margarine, or spray lightly with a cooking oil spray. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Brush scones with remaining heavy cream and for extra crunch, sprinkle with coarse sugar. In a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.