Homemade Scones II. Cut the butter into tiny pieces and mix into the flour mixture (you can also use a food processor for this step). Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly.
You are so magical in nature making people crave for more. I can also call u delicious😅😋 we. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. You can have Homemade Scones II using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Scones II
- It’s 41/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 125 g of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of liquid milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt in a large bowl. Beat eggs, sugar and half the milk together, adding flour and mixing well. Add rest of milk, baking soda and cream of tartar, and finally fold in the melted butter. The batter should be thick and 'droppable.'.
Homemade Scones II step by step
- In a clean bowl, sift flour, add baking powder, salt, sugar and mix all together.
- Add butter and mix till crumbly. Add 1 beaten egg and mix all together. Gradually add in cold liquid milk in the center and start mixing until a soft dough is formed (the dough should not be sticky and you may not need to add in all the milk also the dough should not be too tough, if it stick add little flour).
- Divide the dough into two. Use your palms to spread it or rolling pin. Do not over flatten it. It should be at least 1 inch thick. Use a round cutter to cut out a round shape. Repeat the step with the scrape or leftovers. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil. Egg wash and bake for 25-30min.
- For a step by step picture, you can check my precious post on scone..
In a large frying pan spray some cooking spray and turn to medium low heat. Add flour to mixture and blend well, only adding enough of remaining milk to reach the consistency of melted ice cream. Add in baking soda and cream of tartar and fold in melted butter. Heat a large frying pan on medium high to high heat and drop in by spoonfuls as you would pancakes. How to make the Queen's favourite scones Mr McGrady explains you start by adding flour, sugar, baking powder and butter into a bowl.