🍇🍊🥞Fruit Scones🥞🍊🍇. See recipes for Gluten-free simple scones, Quick cheese scones too.
You can cook 🍇🍊🥞Fruit Scones🥞🍊🍇 using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍇🍊🥞Fruit Scones🥞🍊🍇
- It’s 250 g (2 cups) of self-raising flour.
- You need 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare 55 g of cold butter or margarine.
- It’s 50 g of caster or fine sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of raisins, sultana or mixed dried fruit.
- You need of For Egg Wash:.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk mix with 1 tblsp of milk.
🍇🍊🥞Fruit Scones🥞🍊🍇 instructions
- Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add the salt, baking powder and sugar and mix well..
- Rub in the butter or margarine to produce a very light mixture, almost like dry sand add raisins, sultana or mixed dried fruit..
- Make a well in the centre of the mix, pour in the milk and stir briskly with a spoon. The dough should be light and sticky..
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead lightly for 1 minute. Pat the dough out to 1 cm (½”) thickness and use a 5 cm (2″) cookie cutter to make rounds..
- Place the rounds on a well-greased baking tray or line with greaseproof paper. Brush with egg wash, then bake in the oven at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before eating..
- #Tips: Light and brisk treatment of the dough is essential to produce a scone which is light on the inside. It should take no more than 10 minutes to prepare the rounds! Slice in half and serve with strawberry jam and thick cream..