Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, butter cookies. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butter cookies is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Butter cookies is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook butter cookies using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Butter cookies:
- Take 1/2 cup of butter, at room temperature.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Get 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take of Milk, as needed (add a splash if the dough is too dry).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Food colouring, optional.
Steps to make Butter cookies:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Mix with an electric mixer or whisk until light and paler in colour..
- Add in the egg yolk and vanilla and whisk again. (If you want to pipe your cookies, also add 1/3 cup milk and freeze the piped cookies for about 30 minutes before baking.).
- Next, add in the dry ingredients and with a spatula fold it in and mix until a dough forms, if the dough is too dry, add a splash of milk at a time until a firm but slightly soft dough forms..
- Colour the dough as desired if doing so..
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4 of an inch thickness and cut out the cookies..
- Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 325 degrees fahrenheit anywhere between 15 – 20 minutes, depending on how big or thick your cookies are..
- Let them cool completely and glaze and add sprinkles if desired. Or decorate with piping gel or any other sugar glaze. Happy Holidays and Baking and Enjoy!.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food butter cookies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!