Drop scones. Beat milk and egg with a fork. Add milk and egg mixture to flour mixture; stir with fork until moistened. Drop the mixture in dessertspoonfuls onto the hot pan, spacing the mixture well apart to allow for them to spread.
Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones. Drop Scones, also known as Scotch Pancakes, are something I've been baking since my childhood and something that Granny has always been on hand to help perfect. Similar to American Pancakes but way simpler, they make a great treat for breakfast or just for snacking. You can have Drop scones using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Drop scones
- Prepare 125 g of self raising flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 150 ml of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Drop Scones get their name from the action of dropping the mixture onto the hot griddle or into a pan. They're also called Scotch Pancakes or Scottish Pancakes, and although they are similar in ingredients and rise to American-style pancakes they're usually smaller in size. Sprinkle the scones with the finishing sugar. Rotate the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway during baking.
Drop scones step by step
- In a large mixing bowl, put flour, a pinch of salt and caster sugar. Stir to combine. Make a well in the middle, add an in the egg..
- Add a good splash of milk. Whisk together with a balloon whisk (i used a fork), gradually adding milk to bring mixture into a thick batter..
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a high heat. When hot, add spoonfuls of batter to pan and fry for 2-3min on each side, until risen and golden..
- Place in an underlined plate..
- Serve and enjoy.
These are made for retail and the savoury biscuits make wonderful sandwiches. Drop scones are small, thick pancakes, so named because they are made by dropping spoonfuls of batter on to a hot griddle or frying pan. I loved drop scones when I was a little girl. Stir buttermilk, applesauce, and egg together in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir until dough is sticky.