Butter scones. When butter bubbles, remove from heat and skim off foam from. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Add butter and mix with your fingertips to a coarse meal.
Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse to combine. Cut the butter into pieces, and add to the food processor. Pulse the food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal. You can have Butter scones using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter scones
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar n 1tbsp sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of milk n 1tbsp milk.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
Biscuits and American scones both use cold butter that's rubbed or "cut" into the dry ingredients. Pulse the food processor ingredients until the softened butter is well incorporated into the flour. You see that unlike a pie crust, we don't have big pieces of butter in the flour. Rather, it has a sandy, soft texture: English scones are more similar to American biscuits and they're often topped with butter, jam, or clotted cream.
Butter scones instructions
- Put 1tbsp sugar,yeast n milk together n mix.Leave it covered for 10min to rise..
- Add 1 egg,butter n mix.Then add flour n salt n mix to form dough n leave it open for 20mins.This helps to reduce sticking on your hands alot..
- Dust the work table,put the dough on top n add apply some butter n start kneading for 10mins until it becomes soft.Oil your container,place your dough,cover it n let it rest for 1 hour..
- Thereafter press it down to remove air.Cut into equal 12 sizeable pieces n form balls.Place a parchment paper or grease your tin n align your balls well.Cover it for 30mins..
- Preheat your oven at 180⁰c for 10mins.After 30mins,open your baking tin.Mix 1egg n 1tbsp milk.Brush on top of your risen balls..
- Place in the oven n cook for 18-20minutes at 180⁰ c..
- Serve with tea.Enjoy..
American scones are different, but different isn't necessarily a bad thing! Today's scones are sweeter, heavier, and aren't usually topped with butter because there's so much butter IN them. Sprinkle with the coarse sugar, if using. The scones are best served warm, or within a few hours of baking. Cold butter makes scones rise higher.