OMURICE オムライス (JAPANESE OMELETTE RICE). Omurice is a popular contemporary Japanese fusion creation blending Western omelette and Japanese fried rice. It's usually enjoyed at home but also can be found at many Western food diners in Japan. When there is leftover rice, it's a perfect single plate meal to prepare the next day.
The word 'omurice' or 'omuraisu' (オムライス) is a typical Japanese-made English dish. It's made by combining omelette and rice. The Japanese way of pronouncing omelette is 'omuretsu' (オムレツ) so they took the first two syllables from it and connected to 'rice' or 'raisu. You can cook OMURICE オムライス (JAPANESE OMELETTE RICE) using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of OMURICE オムライス (JAPANESE OMELETTE RICE)
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- It’s of chicken,cut into small cubes.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of mixed vegetables( you can use whatever you like).
- You need of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of cooked rice.
- It’s of ketchup and more for decoration.
- You need of soy sauce.
- It’s of for omelette.
- You need of large eggs.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of vegetable oil/olive oil.
Omurice, or Omuraisu as it's pronounced in Japan, is a portmanteau of "Omelette" and "Rice.". It's unclear where the dish originated, but in Japan, Omurice is considered yōshoku (western food), and it was probably created around the turn of the last century when western-style cafes became popular. There are even some restaurants that specialize. Omurice is the combination of the two words "omelette" and "rice" together, to make "Omurice".
OMURICE オムライス (JAPANESE OMELETTE RICE) instructions
- Chop the onion finely.Cut the chicken into small cubes.Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onion until softened.Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.Add the mixed vegetables and season with salt and pepper.Add the rice and break into small pieces.Add ketchup and soy sauce and combine everything evenly with a spatula. Transfer the fried rice to a plate.Whisk the egg and milk together in a small bowl.Heat the oil in the pan over medium high heat.When the pan is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan and tilt to cover the bottom of pan. Lower the heat when the bottom of the egg has set (but still soft on top).Put the fried rice on top of the omelette.Use the spatula to fold both sides of omelette toward the middle to cover the fried rice. Slowly move the omurice to the edge of the pan.Move the omurice to the plate.Drizzle the ketchup on top for decoration and serve with lettuce..
It is actually written as オムライス or "omuraisu" in Japanese. Tips on getting the best Omelette Omurice (オムライス "omuraisu") is a Japanese dish which is typically a collaboration of omelet (オムレツ OMUretsu) and rice (ライス RAIsu). This dish is made by frying rice with minced onion, chicken, bullion cube, water, tomato ketchup, garlic and other fillings, which is then stuffed into a. Sweet and savory tomato-based fried rice wrapped in a soft thin omelette, this western-influenced Japanese dish Omurice or Omelette Rice is popular among Japanese people of all ages. Inspired by the Japanese drama – Midnight Diner.