Stuffed Green Peppers. Delicious & Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers Made With Ground Beef, Rice, & Italian Seasoning. Stuff Ground Beef In Bell Peppers With Onions And Rice To Make A Delicious Weeknight Meal. Stuff each pepper with the beef and rice mixture, and place peppers open side up in a baking dish.
Stuff cooked green peppers with the ground beef mixture. If they fall over, cut away a little of the bottoms (without cutting through the pepper) to make a flat surface. In a bowl, combine ground beef, rice, basil and remaining salt and pepper; mix well. You can cook Stuffed Green Peppers using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Green Peppers
- Prepare of ground mild Italian sausage.
- It’s of I/2 cup uncooked white rice.
- It’s of yellow onion diced.
- You need of green peppers.
- Prepare of tomato sauce.
- It’s of pizza sauce (10 oz).
- You need of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of provolone cheese.
Carefully place peppers in tomato sauce. Spoon some sauce over tops of peppers. Meanwhile, cut tops off of green peppers and remove seeds; set aside. Sprinkle insides of the peppers lightly with salt.
Stuffed Green Peppers instructions
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker. 1/2 cup water aprox 20 mins rinse rice well before cooking..
- While rice is cooking brown pork in an oven safe saucepan add onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Once mostly browned add tomato sauce and simmer until rice is cooked..
- Once rice is cooked turn off burner to the meat mixture and add rice..
- Strain the meat/rice mixture reserving the drippings in the pan.
- Cut the tops off the peppers off, remove all seeds and membranes then stand the 4 peppers up in the pan and fill with meat and rice mixture packing firmly. If there is any leftover sauce or mixture add it to the bottom of the pan..
- Pour pizza sauce over peppers covering them. Add broth to the base of the pan stirring to incorporate.
- Cook at 350 for an hour if you still want some crunch to the pepper and an hour and a half if you want your pepper soft basting regularly top with a slice of cheese at serving..
Stuffed green peppers make an easy meal anytime. My twins, Anne Parker and Leigh Harper, used to eat them right out of the garden when they were little. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. To make these stuffed peppers ahead: Cook the filling, stuff the peppers and wrap them in plastic wrap. Don't freeze the peppers stuffed or they will go soggy on you when they thaw.