Cheese Scones. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add grated cheese and dried oregano and mix. Cut in the margarine or butter till mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Sift the flour, salt, cayenne pepper and baking powder into a bowl, then sift again to make sure the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Gruyere or extra-sharp aged cheddar will add stronger flavor, while milder cheeses will make a milder scone. For lightly spicy scones, use finely shredded pepper jack cheese. You can cook Cheese Scones using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Scones
- Prepare 500 g of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 5 g of Bicarbonate of Soda.
- It’s 5 g of Salt.
- Prepare 15 g of Cream of Tartare.
- It’s 100 g of Cold Butter.
- It’s 350 g of Grated Cheese.
- You need 300 ml of Wholemilk.
Add chopped fresh chives to the flour along with the baking powder and salt. Add minced red onion to the flour mixture. The perfect savoury cheese scone recipe – best eaten warm spread liberally with butter! These scones are so easy to whip up for lunchboxes or picnics.
Cheese Scones instructions
- Firstly, heat the oven to 200C. Into a large mixing bowl put the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cream of tartare and butter (cut up in to 1 cm cubes). Rub the butter between yours thumbs and fingers to create a crumbly texture..
- Add 150g of the grated mature cheddar cheese and the milk and bring together with your hands..
- Trying not to play with the dough to much, press it so it is one inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut out 12 circles..
- Cover all the scones in the remaining grated cheese and bake them for 12-15 minutes..
- Take the scones out and place on a wire rack..
- Top Tip💡: Serve with a roasted vegetable soup..
In a large bowl, sift together flour and salt. Rub in butter lightly with finger tips until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Cheddar Cheese and Scallion Scones When most people think of scones, they think sweet: classic currant, cranberry-orange, offbeat chocolate chunk. But scones are just as delicious in savory versions, like this moist cheddar cheese and scallion version, perfect with your breakfast scrambled eggs. Cheddar Cheese Scones Scones are the English partner to American biscuits — and these are upscaled for any time enjoyment!