Clean Mocha Chocolate Scones. To make the scones, stir together the Greek yogurt and instant coffee in a small bowl until the instant coffee has fully dissolved. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix the instant coffee powder in to the yoghurt and whisk well until fully dissolved.
Cut in the butter cubes and mix it with the help of fork. Instructions to make Clean Mocha Chocolate Scones: Pre heat the oven and line the baking tray with parchment paper. Mix the instant coffee powder in to the yoghurt and whisk well until fully dissolved. You can have Clean Mocha Chocolate Scones using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Clean Mocha Chocolate Scones
- Prepare 1 cup of plain Greek yoghurt.
- You need 4 tsp of instant coffee.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, very cold and cut in cubes.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of pure maple syrup.
- You need 6 tbsp of + 2 tsp milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of crushed dark chocolate.
- Prepare of For the drizzle-.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tsp of non fat milk.
Afterwards add Honey, milk and vanilla essence. If any substitutions are made, the Nutrition Information may change. Return to the Clean Mocha Chocolate Chip Scones recipe. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in another bowl; mix well.
Clean Mocha Chocolate Scones step by step
- Pre heat the oven and line the baking tray with parchment paper..
- Mix the instant coffee powder in to the yoghurt and whisk well until fully dissolved. Afterwards add Honey, milk and vanilla essence..
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt. Cut in the butter cubes and mix it with the help of fork. Mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs..
- Add prepared yoghurt mixture, milk and vanilla essence in to the dry mix. At end, Gently fold in the chocolate pieces..
- Transfer the prepared dough to the baking sheet and shape into a big circle. Brush it with the milk and slice the circle into triangular segments to ease the cutting when ready. Gently drizzle the grated chocolate at the top. Bake this for 20-30 minutes or as per your oven settings..
- When ready, take out and let cool at the room temperature on wire rack..
- Cut the pieces and prepare the chocolate syrup with the help of cocoa powder, maple syrup and milk..
- Garnish with this prepared surup, some crushed walnut and have bite along with left over chocolate syrup..
- Notes- 1) you can use honey too in place of maple syrup. 2) More sugar can be added as per the taste because this one prepared has less sugar. 3) Do not replace regular coffee with instant one as this recipe requires instant coffee. Relish the delicious scones with or without chocolate syrup..
Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the top with raw sugar and gently press it into the top of the scones. Carefully separate the scones and spread them out evenly on the baking sheet. Remove from the oven and transfer scones to a baking sheet to cool, or serve warm (which I highly recommend). In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.