You can have Vegetable Khichuri using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Khichuri
- You need 1/2 cup of lintel.
- It’s 1/2 cup of yellow moong bean.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of papaya, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sweet pumpkin, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bottle guard, cut into cubes.
- You need 4 of green chilies.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of garlic paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of roasted cumin powder.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2-3 of cloves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s leaves of Chopped coriander.
- It’s 2-3 of cinnamon, about 1” each.
- You need 4-5 cups of boiled water.
Vegetable Khichuri instructions
- 1. Wash rice, lintel and mung bean. Strain all the water. 2. Add oil in a pan. 3. Add onion. 4. Add rice, lintel and mung bean 5. Add potato, papaya, sweet pumpkin, bottle guard (you can add any vegetables according to your choice) 6. Add all the spices from chilies to cumin seeds. 7. Add salt & mixed it well. keep aside for 15 mints to marinate.
- 8. Now add boiled water & turn on your cooker. 9. Cover and cook 20-22 minutes till done 10. Add chopped coriander leaves when the rice and bean is well done..
- Serve it hot with egg, onion & green chili omelette, spicy chicken/beef curry, & mango pickles..