Scallion cheese scones. Cheddar Cheese and Scallion Scones When most people think of scones, they think sweet: classic currant, cranberry-orange, offbeat chocolate chunk. But scones are just as delicious in savory versions, like this moist cheddar cheese and scallion version, perfect with your breakfast scrambled eggs. Irish Cheddar Cheese Scones are savory buttermilk scones brimming with pockets of melty Irish cheddar cheese and fragrant fresh scallions.
Making Cheese Scones with Scallions Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add pieces of cold butter and cut them into the powders using a pastry cutter or rub then into the powders with your fingers. Coming in hot before a weekend full of brunching with these incredible Cheese and Scallion Scones! You can have Scallion cheese scones using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scallion cheese scones
- It’s 125 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3 g of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 25 g of sugar.
- You need 20 g of butter, cold.
- It’s 1 of small egg.
- You need 20 g of milk.
- You need 50 g of scallions.
- It’s 2 of cheddar cheese slices.
Maybe these are scones, maybe they are more like biscuits, but regardless, you need them in your life this weekend. Flaky dough stuffed to the brim with a variety of cheeses, scallions and black pepper… omg it's perfect. If you want, reserve a pinch or two of cheese to top the scones just before baking. Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients.
Scallion cheese scones instructions
- Chop the scallions and sliced cheese into small pieces..
- On a dry pan, lightly sauté the chopped scallions on low heat, until it turns light brown. Transfer them to a plate and let it cool completely..
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar..
- Dice the butter into small pieces. Make sure the butter is cold and firm, straight from the fridge..
- In the bowl with the flour mixture, add the diced butter and, with your fingers, gently rub the butter with the flour mixture. They should not melt, but should be crumbled into a size of a grain and fully covered with flour..
- Beat the egg and add half of the mixture into the bowl. Add scallions, milk, and cheese and mix it slightly but thoroughly with a fork. Once the dough starts to stick together, clump it into one large lump..
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour..
- Cut the dough into 4 even pieces, and brush the top with the leftover beaten egg. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, until golden brown. Serve warm..
Stir them together until it forms a ball of dough. Then chop the scallion into small pieces using both white and green parts. Set aside the cheese and the scallions. These white cheddar bacon scallion scones are kinda the perfect middle ground between a muffin and a biscuit. They are INCREDIBLY fluffy and tender on the inside, while simultaneously flaky and buttery.