Portobello Pizza. Remove from the oven, and spread spaghetti sauce in the cup of the cap. Top with cheese, olives, pepperoni and garlic. Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
I love using vegetables as a base for all kinds of pizza creations. Veggies are obviously an excellent choice, and they happen to be very tasty too!. In this particular recipe, the portobello mushroom base is "meaty" and delicious, and the melty, cheesy topping is. You can cook Portobello Pizza using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza
- It’s of large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- You need of olive oil, extra for sauteing onion.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- You need of purple onion, diced small.
- It’s of Italian seasoning, divided.
- You need of pizza sauce.
- You need of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s of Pepperoni, cut to small.
- It’s of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare of S&P,.
- Prepare of Crushed red pepper flakes,.
Order your favorite pizza, pasta, salad, and more, all with the click of a button. Portobello Pizza accepts orders online for pickup and delivery. Discover More Follow […] Combine the oil and garlic in a small bowl and rub the mushroom caps on all sides with the mixture. Place the caps, top side down, in a circle on an oiled baking sheet.
Portobello Pizza instructions
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese..
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning..
- I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!.
Season with the salt and pepper. Arrange the cheese, basil, and tomato slices alternately in a circle on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the oregano, if using. Rowell Sotto: The Portobello Fritti appetizer is delicious and comes with a tasty dipping sauce. Steve Lemke: Call ahead to minimize wait time when you arrive.