Rainbow Cupcakes. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl until evenly blended; set aside. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
Add rainbow colored sprinkles if desired. Place white frosting in a resealable bag and pipe clouds on top of the blue frosting. Cut an Airhead Extremes in half and place in the clouds. You can cook Rainbow Cupcakes using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rainbow Cupcakes
- It’s 250 g of Redman's Super Sponge Cake Mix.
- It’s 5 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 50 g of water.
- Prepare 50 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of Red, blue, yellow, green, purple food coloring.
- You need 1 box of Redman's whip topping.
- Prepare of Rainbow sprinkles.
Add cake mix and dry pudding mix to a large bowl and stir until combined. Then mix in eggs, canola oil and water and stir. Rainbow Cupcakes have been a looooooong time in the making for this blog. They are one of my absolute favorite desserts to make which most people who know me would immediately guess.
Rainbow Cupcakes instructions
- Put in all the ingredients, except butter, into an electric mixer with whisk attached. Whisk on high speed for 8-10mins until fluffy..
- Fold in the melted butter gently. Do not use electric mixer..
- Separate the batter into 5 equal portions. If you want more colors, separate into more portions..
- Colour each portion with red, yellow green, blue, purple coloring. I used Wilton's gel coloring. If you have more colorings, feel free to colour more portions of the batter..
- Put each batter into different piping bags..
- Line muffin tray with cupcake cups..
- Pipe out the colored batters into the cups, layer by layer, as desired. Not too much though. You'll want to fill up just slightly below the top of the cupcake cups. The more you fill up, the higher your cupcake will rise..
- Bake at 150 degs for abt 5-8mins at middle rack, depending on oven. My oven is small, so temperature needs to be lower. Adjust your oven temperature accordingly..
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cupcakes. If it comes out clean, remove the tray from the oven. If the top browned but toothpick comes out wet, lower down your temperature and move tray to bottom rack. Bake further till toothpick comes out clean..
- Cool the cupcakes completely onto cooling rack. Meanwhile, let's prepare frosting..
- For frosting, I just use whipped cream. Pour 1 cup of Redman's whip topping into electric mixing bowl with whisk attachment. Whisk at high speed till stiff peak. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down. With electric whisk, everything is fast! 🤣 So, invest in one!.
- Put the whipped cream inside large piping bag with piping tip attached. Pipe out frost onto cupcakes as desired. Check out YouTube for piping techniques! They have plenty of tutorials on piping. You can even colour the frosting if you like. If you ran out of frosting, whip more cream..
- Sprinkle rainbow rice if desire. Well done!! You've successfully made rainbow cupcakes! Wooohooo!.
When I would make surprise cakes or birthday cakes for my favorite clients I would usually make them towering rainbow cakes. Stir one color of food coloring into each bowl until blended. Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, beat butter until fluffy. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.