Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli. Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli Shikha Yashu Jethi California,USA. Super soft and spongy idlis with veggies stuffed is like icing on the cake. It just doubles the taste of idlis.
It is vegan and gluten free. Grinding the idli batter is one of the best meal prepping that many people do every week for a hassle free breakfast and dinner time. Fill the batter into idli plates greased with oil or ghee. You can cook Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli
- Prepare 1 glass of Split black lentils:.
- You need 2 glasses of Idli rice:.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Rock salt:.
- You need of Oil for greasing.
- You need of Water as required.
- You need pieces of Carrots diced into small.
- It’s pieces of French beans cut into small.
After removing idli plates from idli steamer wait for some time so that idli gets cooled slightly and comes off easily from idli plates. Serve these soft and spongy mallige idlis with idli sambar and coconut chutney 🙂 Soft and spongy steamed idli recipe that is heart-healthy and full of fibre and proteins is New recipe in LG Healthy heart Microwave Recipes series. This popular South Indian breakfast is a perfect and healthy way to start your day. Preparing the Rava Idli: Grease the idli plate or line it with a thin muslin cloth.
Soft Spongy Vegetable Idli step by step
- Wash and soak idli rice and split black lentil separately in plenty of water for five to six hours..
- Wash soaked black lentil by rubbing in palms to remove the black husk. Keep draining the water with husk and repeat this process again until most of the husk is removed..
- Grind the lentil to a soft, smooth and fluffy batter in a mixer-grinder..
- Grind the rice to a slightly coarse consistency in a mixer-grinder.
- Mix both the batters well in a big container with your hand and let it ferment for 10 to 12 hours..
- Add rock salt in the batter and mix well..
- Prepare Idli maker by adding two cups of water in it and give a boil..
- Grease the idli moulds and Pour two tablespoons of batter in each mould..
- Add chopped veggies on it's top and gently press..
- When idli maker starts producing steam, place the prepared idli moulds in this idli maker and close it..
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes..
- Turn off flame.Open the idli stand after giving a rest of five minutes and insert a knife in the centre of an idli to check whether idlis are cooked or not..
- When it's cooked let it rest of another two-three minutes before demoulding them..
- If you are in a hurry, pour water on the back side of the moulds before de moulding..
- De-mould idlis with a sharp spoon or knife..
- Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney..
Add the batter to the idli plate. And garnish with the prepared cashews. Your yummy soft and spongy Rava Idli is ready! firstly, adding eno makes idli soft and spongy. also, roast the rava on medium flame, else the idli will turn sticky and hard. furthermore, add vegetables of your choice to make idli nutritious. finally, steam the instant vegetable idli on medium heat to get the soft idli. But thanks to my sis-in-law's recipe and tips learnt from my aunt, Bhawani Rao…I have been making delicious soft idlis quite successfully for more than. The consistency of the batter for idli will have to be thick to get soft spongy idlis.