Falafel dough pizza. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in a small bowl; mix well until sauce is smooth. Pad the pizza tray with butter paper and paint it with a little oil. Put the falafel dough in the tray, insert into a hot oven until cooked.
Sprinkle with oregano and lemon juice. Falafel dough is a seriously nutritious take on traditional crust (it's made with chickpeas and chia seeds), while beetroot hummus gets the MVP award for best pizza sauce ever. While falafel crust is baking, prepare tzatziki and other toppings. You can have Falafel dough pizza using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Falafel dough pizza
- It’s of red lentils soaked in water for 2 hours then filtrated (could be replaced with hummus or Egyptian beans).
- It’s of medium size onion.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of a bunch of parsley.
- You need of a bunch of coriander.
- You need of chopped green onions.
- You need of egg.
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of Salt as preferred 2 spoons oil for painting butter paper.
- It’s of chili powder 1/4 (1 spoon) black pepper.
- It’s of cumin powder.
- It’s of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of Sauce ingredients……..1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s of Tahini.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- You need of Salt as preferred.
- It’s of Topping ingredients………..1 tomato chopped in.
- It’s of sliced black and green olives.
- It’s of minced parsley.
- You need of minced green onions.
Layer cucumber slices, tomato slices, and red onion slices on top. Line a cake tin or deep pie dish with baking paper. For the crust: Put all crust ingredients in a food processor and whizz until all ingredients have combined. Spread mixture in a cake tin to form a 'pie crust'.
Falafel dough pizza step by step
- Mix red lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander and green onions altogether using a food processor until turning into a fine mix..
- Pour the mix in a bowl, add egg, salt, black pepper, chili, coriander seeds powder, cumin and baking powder along with 1/3 a cup of oil and mix all ingredients..
- Pad the pizza tray with butter paper and paint it with a little oil..
- Put the falafel dough in the tray, insert into a hot oven until cooked..
- Prepare pizza sauce by mixing tahini with some water and adding yogurt, lemon juice and salt, mix ingredients well then leave aside..
- Bring the falafel dough out of the oven, add grated cheddar, sauce, olives, tomato cubes, parsley and green onions with some more cheddar and a final spray of parsley and green onions then proceed to oven for a few minutes then served.
Meanwhile, for the beetroot hummus: In a food processor, process. Put baking paper on a baking tray and squish the mixture into a pizza base shape. In a large bowl, stir together the ground chickpeas, chickpea flour, olive oil, egg, honey, salt, cumin, curry powder and cayenne pepper. Once all ingredients are well incorporated, use your hands to form the dough into a ball. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.