Snow Cake/Cupcakes #Christmas Baking Contest. See more ideas about snow cake, cupcake cakes, cake decorating. See more ideas about cake, cupcake cakes, cake decorating. See more ideas about snow white birthday, snow white cupcakes, snow white party.
Remove from heat and pour into a large mixing bowl. Keep the candy thermometer in the mixture and stir occasionally. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and set them on a wire rack to cool. You can cook Snow Cake/Cupcakes #Christmas Baking Contest using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Snow Cake/Cupcakes #Christmas Baking Contest
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening, butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of buttermilk (lala).
Add paper liners to a muffin pan. Snow Globe Cupcakes are the BEST Christmas cupcake! They're made with real gelatin bubbles, so the cupcake is entirely edible! Combine ½ cup sugar with cake flour and sift together four times.
Snow Cake/Cupcakes #Christmas Baking Contest step by step
- Heat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare pan of your choice by greasing and adding a light dusting of flour..
- Beat shortening, margarine or butter in a medium bowl. If you want the cake to look white, use shortening. Use an electric mixer or you can do it by hand.
- Add the vanilla and sugar and beat till well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl as you beat. The batter should look whitish..
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Just a word of caution…I switched the measurements for the soda and baking powder but realized before I dumped it into the flour. 🙂 This is the dry mixture..
- Separate the egg whites from the eggs. We will be using the egg whites. Add the egg whites one at a time to the shortening, sugar and vanilla mixture. Beat till well combined. batter should look white..
- Add dry mixture and buttermilk alternately to beaten mixture. Beat after each addition. Beat till combined..
- This is my "being real" step. As I was taking pictures of the batter, my phone decided to dive into the batter…deep sea diving style…..completely submerged! I was able to fish it out and clean it….it works! Grateful for miracles and grace! This is what the batter should look like. :).
- Pour batter into pan of your choice. I used cupcake pans. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Check for doneness after 14 minutes. Decorate as desired. YUM!.
In the bowl of an electric mixer filled with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tarter until medium firm peaks. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and then mix together on low. In another bowl, stir egg whites, milk and vanilla together. Sno-Balls, or Snowballs, are a type of snack cake made by Hostess that feature a chocolate cake surrounded by a marshmallow frosting then rolled in coconut to give it a fluffy, snowy look. Like other snack cakes made by the company, the chocolate cake centers are creme-filled.