Pan fried pork bun. Sheng Jian Bao/生煎包 (aka Sheng Jian Mantou/生煎馒头) is a type of Chinese pan fried bao buns. The wrapper is made from yeast dough and the filling contains minced pork, spring onion and various seasonings. It's quite small in size, similar to a golf ball or even smaller.
To cook, heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and swirl around in the pan. Place the buns into the pan, pleat side up. You can cook Pan fried pork bun using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan fried pork bun
- You need of pizza dough.
- It’s of minced pork.
- It’s of minced ginger.
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- You need of White pepper or black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
Cook until deeply golden brown on the bottom. Pour in water to about halfway up the sides of the buns. Now, you can eat it for breakfast lunch, dinner or snack all over China. This dish can be found in most restaurants that serve Shanghai cuisine.
Pan fried pork bun step by step
- Add all ingredients into the minced pork. Mix them evenly and leave it for 30 mins. Add the scallion right before you start putting the meat into the dough..
- Divide the dough to 4 pieces. Around 50 grams per piece. Roll each dough into flat round base.
- Put 40 grams of meet in the middle of the flat dough. Hold your forefinger and thumb in a “C” shape. Use the rest of fingers to hold the bottom of bun. Let the meat stay in the middle of the “C”. Pinch one edge to the center..
- Pinch another edge to the center and repeat it around the clock.
- Close the dough in the center and pinch the gap together if there is any hole..
- You could keep the folds on the top Or turn the bun upside down to cover the folds. Cover the buns in wet towel for 30 mins.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil when the pan is hot. Put the bun into the pan with some gaps.
- Add 150 grams of cold water after the bottom of the bun is golden brown. Cover it up and cook with mild heat until the water dry out. It takes around 20 mins.
- You can put a chopstick into the center of the bun. Put the tip of chopstick on you lip to feel the temperature. It’s ready if the chopstick is hot..
- Voilà ❤️.
Pan-fried Pork Buns is known as Sheng Jian Bao in Chinese, meaning pan-fried directly without steaming. This is a very popular Chinese street snack across the whole county. However Shanghai style might be the most famous version. If you love Chinese dumplings, check Xiao Long Bao too. Heat up a frying pan with one tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.