Cheese croissant. Petite Turkey, Pear & Provolone Croissants Hellmann's. These plain cream-cheese, lightly-filled rectangular croissants make for a nice afternoon treat or a light and tasty sweet in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea. You can eat them as they are, warm them a tad, or dunk them in your coffee f you wish.
A mixture of cream cheese, vanilla yogurt, and strawberries fill crescent roll dough in this treat of a recipe. Place a bit of string cheese or sliced cheese in the center of each square of pastry. Fold over into a triangle and press to seal. You can cook Cheese croissant using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese croissant
- Prepare 300 g of strong white flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 30 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 pkg of yeast.
- It’s 250 g of butter, chilled.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 100 g of grated cheese.
Cut a pocket in the croissant. Spread mayonnaise and mustard in pocket. Stuff with ham and cheeses; place on a baking sheet. Place the cheese slices and egg patties on the croissant halves.
Cheese croissant step by step
- Place flour, salt,sugar and yeast in a bowl. Slowly mix in enough water to form soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until it becomes elastic. Chill for 1 hour..
- Roll out a rectangle tht measures 30x 15cm(12x16in). Squash the butter until it is 1cm(1/2in) thick. Place the butter in the center of the dough. Fold the dough over so the butter is encased,and chill fo 1 hour..
- Roll out the dough on lightly floured surface to a 30x15cm rectangle. Fold the right third over the center, then fold the left third over the top so you have 3 layers to your dough. Chill for 1 hour.
- Repeat the folding and chilling process twice more. Add grated cheese in between folding..
- Roll out the dough to a 3mm (1/8in) thick square. Cut into 10x10cm(4x4in) squares, then cut diagonally to make triangles of dough. Holding the point at either end of the longer length, roll the dough towards you, pulling the point. Place on oiled baking trays, leaving plenty of space between each and curve them into crescent shapes. Leave for 1 hour,or until double in size..
- Preheate oven to 240C (475F/gas9). Brush the croissant with the beaten egg and bake for 10 min, then reduce oven to 190C (375F/gas5) and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack..
You can choose which one you want to place at the bottom. Most people usually prefer cheese at the bottom and egg on top of the cheese. You can customize it however you want. In a small bowl, combine butter, Dijon, green onions and honey; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Place croissants in a single layer onto the.