Nastar / Pineapple Cookies.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, nastar / pineapple cookies. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Nastar / Pineapple Cookies is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Nastar / Pineapple Cookies is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have nastar / pineapple cookies using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Nastar / Pineapple Cookies:
- Prepare of Pineapple jam.
- Take 500 g of pineapple without peels.
- Get 3 g of whole cloves *optional or adjust to taste.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick *optional or adjust to taste.
- Make ready 150 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of Cookie dough.
- Prepare 37 g of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 37 g of margarine.
- Take 30 g of icing sugar.
- Take 1 of large egg yolk.
- Make ready 15 g of custard powder *can replace with cornstarch.
- Take 120 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Egg wash.
- Get 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 15 ml (1 tbsp) of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 5 ml (1 tsp) of sweetened condensed milk.
Instructions to make Nastar / Pineapple Cookies:
- Pineapple jam: Grate the pineapple or blend with a food processor. Transfer the shredded pineapple and its juice along with cinnamon stick and cloves into a heavy-bottom pan. Cook over medium heat and stir occasionally until the liquid is gone..
- Add sugar and continue cooking until it has a thick jam consistency but with no liquid. Keep stirring towards the end so it does not burn..
- Remove from the pan and cool it to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (up to a week). It will become easier to handle and less sticky..
- Divide the pineapple jam evenly into 32 pieces (6g each). Roughly roll each into a ball. Refrigerate until needed..
- Cookie dough: Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and margarine together for 1 minute on medium speed. Add sugar and beat for another minute just to combine..
- Add egg yolk and mix briefly for 10 seconds. Then sieve the custard powder and flour into the bowl. Mix until it forms a uniform dough. If the dough feels sticky, add a little more flour (1 teaspoon at a time). Add butter if it's dry. It should be easily formed into a ball without crumbling or sticking..
- Divide the dough into 32 pieces (8g each). Shape each into a ball..
- Press the ball in between your palms to make a thin disk. Place 1 piece of pineapple jam on the center. Wrap it and pinch the edges closed. Roll it back into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the rest..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for 30 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before applying egg wash for the second bake..
- Egg wash: Whisk together all of the ingredients to fully combine..
- Brush each of the cookies with the egg wash. After the first coat has set, apply a second coat. These multiple coats will conceal any visible cracks and create a shiny yellow crust..
- Return into the oven at 325°F (160°C) and bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown. Let cool then enjoy!.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food nastar / pineapple cookies recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!