Calzone. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Add the sausage and cook until brown,.
Have a bowl of tomato or spaghetti sauce on the table for people to top their calzone with, if desired. Here's the true beauty of a calzone. Absolutely EVERYTHING is good in a calzone. You can have Calzone using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Calzone
- Prepare of pkgs pizza dough mix.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Pizza toppings of choice.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of dried Italian seasoning.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
Any topping you love on your pizza will be even better in a. A calzone ( UK: / kælˈtsoʊni, – neɪ /, US: / kælˈzoʊn, – zoʊneɪ, – ni /, Italian: [kalˈtsoːne]; "stocking" or "trouser") is an Italian oven-baked folded pizza, often described as a turnover, made with leavened dough. A typical calzone is made from salted bread dough, baked in an. A calzone is a sort of enclosed pizza, like it has been folded in half.
- Mix up pizza mix as instructed. Or you can use canned pizza dough. Press out on baking sheet. Cut in half or fourths pending on size you want..
- Add small amount of sauce onto half of one piece careful to not go to edge..
- Add desired toppings on top of the sauce and top with cheese. Fold over pizza dough and pinch together with fingers or fork..
- In small bowl add butter, minced garlic and italian seasoning and melt in microwave. Brush on the top of calzones. Cut 2 vent holes in the top.. Bake in oven according to pizza dough package.
- Heat remaining pizza sauce with some parmesan to dip.
It originated in Naples, Italy and has since been made various ways. Inside of the bread dough, the calzone is filled with cheeses, meats, vegetables, and sometimes sauce. What are Some Good Calzone Fillings? A calzone is an oven-baked, folded pizza that has sealed edges so all the good stuff stays in! Anything that goes on a pizza can go into a calzone!