Chocolate Scones [Eggless Recipe]. These easy to make, flaky, and buttery Eggless Chocolate Chip Scones are sure to become a family favorite treat. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime! But I got to thinking… are scones cookies?
These chocolate scones are chocolaty rich, tastefully crumbly, and studded with plenty of semi-sweet chocolate chips. I would say it's the perfect treat for breakfast. 😋 Chocolate Chip scones have been long coming. I am the #BloggerBanya for the month of June.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, chocolate scones [eggless recipe]. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Scones [Eggless Recipe] is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chocolate Scones [Eggless Recipe] is something that I have loved my whole life.
These easy to make, flaky, and buttery Eggless Chocolate Chip Scones are sure to become a family favorite treat. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime! But I got to thinking… are scones cookies?
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chocolate scones [eggless recipe] using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Scones [Eggless Recipe]:
- Get 195 g of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 20 g of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 50 g of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 1.5 g (1/4 tsp) of table salt.
- Prepare 5 g (1 1/4 tsp) of baking powder.
- Get 80 g of cold unsalted butter.
- Make ready 90 g of milk.
- Take 100 g of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Scones: Few days back I was cleaning my bookshelf and I found a huge bunch of papers in a file. All were recipes that I had photocopied from various cookbooks I had borrowed from the library a couple of years back. I had completely forgotten that it existed. These scrumptious scones will make you feel like you're Queen for a day!
Instructions to make Chocolate Scones [Eggless Recipe]:
- Video here: youtu.be/6Rv74em5wXg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder until thoroughly combined..
- Add the cold butter and cut it into small pieces using a dough scraper, pastry blender, forks, or simply the tip of fingers. The end mixture should look like coarse bread crumbs..
- Add the milk and chocolate chips. Mix just until the dough starts to come together. Do not overmix as it will toughen the scones..
- Transfer the mixture onto work surface. Shape it into a circle and flatten to 3/4-inch thick..
- Wrap it with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes if the dough feels warm or the butter starts melting. If not, proceed by preheating the oven to 400°F (200°C)..
- Cut the dough into 8 equal-sized wedges. Transfer them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. To get a glossy top, brush each with milk..
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the tops are firm. Let sit on a cooling rack and enjoy!.
The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible. Serve with clotted cream or lemon curd. Place scones on ungreased cookie parchment. Brush tops with a bit of cream.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chocolate scones [eggless recipe] recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!