Cheesy Bell Pepper Nachos. These bell pepper nachos are a protein-rich, lower-carb option perfect as a new Friday night tradition. Tortilla chips, while salty and delicious, are usually fried, which is why they should be consumed in moderation. Bell peppers have just the right amount of crunch and flavor making them the optimal healthy swap.
If you're looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer, these Mini Bell Pepper Nachos are it! These veggie nachos are stuffed with a creamy filling, baked to perfection, then loaded with toppings. They're super tasty, plus bright and colorful. You can have Cheesy Bell Pepper Nachos using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Bell Pepper Nachos
- You need of large bell peppers.
- You need of ground beef.
- It’s of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of beef broth.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of or more pepper jack cheese.
- You need of Toppings: Tomatoes, onions, lettuce, sour cream, and ect.
I don't know about you, but I'm definitely someone who eats with my eyes first, and these nachos are gorgeous! These Cheesy Bell Pepper Keto Nachos are a delicious low carb snack or meal that you'll completely devour! This recipe uses colorful bell peppers in place of the tortilla chips, making them the ultimate low carb nacho recipe that takes no time to prepare! These Cheesy Bell Pepper Nachos are a delicious keto-friendly snack or meal that you'll completely devour!
Cheesy Bell Pepper Nachos step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Wash and dry your bell peppers, then cut into small triangles..
- Place the cut peppers on a baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside..
- While the peppers are in the oven, brown the ground beef in a skillet on the stove over medium heat. Drain any excess liquids..
- Next, add taco seasoning and beef broth and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes with the lid off so that the seasoning can infuse with the ground beef..
- Remove the lid and continue simmering until the taco meat reduces and becomes thick. You don’t want it liquidy. It should be nice and thick..
- Spoon the ground beef mixture onto each bell pepper covering from end to end as much as possible..
- Sprinkle the yellow cheddar cheese on top of the ground beef mixture..
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the top shelf and bake for 5 minutes, then turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes until the cheese melts and gets nice and bubbly. (Watch carefully as it can burn quickly!).
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, red onion, jalapenos, and tomatoes..
This recipe uses colorful bell peppers in place of the tortilla chips, making them the ultimate low carb nacho recipe that takes no time to prepare! Cut the bell peppers through the stem into sixths, remove the stem and seeds. Transfer to a large microwave safe bowl, add a splash of water and a pinch of salt. This recipe uses colorful bell peppers in place of the tortilla chips, making them the ultimate keto nacho recipe that takes no time to prepare! Making cheesy nachos delicious but also keto-friendly isn't tough to do.