Peanut Butter Cupcake Swirl. Insert a toothpick into the center of the Nutella and create a swirl by making circles in the batter. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the peanut butter until swirls of peanut butter form throughout the frosting. Place the frosting in a piping bag and top the cupcakes or use a small spatula to frost.
Using a knife or a toothpick, gently swirl it around into the batter. There's a double dose of peanut butter here and I like it. On the inside of the cupcake is a nice peanut buttery surprise!! You can cook Peanut Butter Cupcake Swirl using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Cupcake Swirl
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter softened.
- It’s 1/3 cup of creamy peanut butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Nutella divided warmed.
Now to be honest with you, I had intended to "swirl" the peanut butter filling with the chocolate cake batter. But the filling was too thick to swirl….which confused me at first because this is the same filling I used in my peanut butter swirled brownies. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition. Grease and line standard-sized muffin tins.
Peanut Butter Cupcake Swirl instructions
- Line the muffin tins with cupcake liners and set aside..
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and peanut butter using a whisk or an electric mixer. Then, add the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until homogenous. Finally, add the rest of dry ingredients and mix until well combine..
- Scoop the batter into the liners about 2/3 full. Then, use a spoon to drop about 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella into the center of the cupcake. Insert a toothpick into the center of the Nutella and create a swirl by making circles in the batter..
- Air fry at 300F (150C) for about 12-14 minutes. Insert a toothpick to test. When the toothpick comes out clean, then the cup cake is cooked through..
Use a spoon or knife to gently fold and swirl cake batter. In a medium-sized mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, mix together sugar, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add peanut butter and mix until combined. Add eggs and peanut oil and mix until just combined. Peanut Butter Cupcakes with a Marshmallow Swirl.