Egg Croissant Breakfast Bake. Cut up the bake and serve with salsa or hot sauce, if desired. Cheese, brown sugar ham, caramelized onions, and spinach baked into creamy eggs and topped with a crispy golden croissant topping. Lightly butter large casserole dish (optional).
Made with day-old mini croissants, caramelized onions, and a rich and cheesy egg custard flavored with a touch of Dijon, this Croissant Breakfast Casserole is a real crowd-pleaser and can be made-ahead. Assemble the casserole and store it, unbaked, in the refrigerator overnight. Then, in the morning, all you have to do is pop it in the oven. You can have Egg Croissant Breakfast Bake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg Croissant Breakfast Bake
- Prepare of Croissants.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Baby spinach.
- It’s of Mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare of Extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Cheddar cheese coarsely grated.
- It’s of Whole milk.
- It’s of Pepper powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Unsalted butter.
Top with ham, bell pepper and cheese. Place the filled croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat in case there are any drips. Scramble the eggs with the milk. Add salt and pepper to your taste preference.
Egg Croissant Breakfast Bake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and fry until golden, stirring occasionally. Season to taste. Remove from flame and keep aside..
- Grease a casserole dish with olive oil. Cut the croissants into halves, making sure not to cut all the way through. Stuff the croissants with spinach, cooked mushrooms, and half of the grated cheese..
- Place it into the casserole, cut sides facing up. In a bowl, beat the eggs with milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the croissants. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the croissants. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes..
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove foil, and bake again until the eggs are puffed and just set, for another 10-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve warm..
Uncover casserole, and sprinkle with Gruyère cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, a little bit of salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the entire dish. Cover with foil, then plastic wrap; refrigerate. These Croissant breakfast boats are so easy to make, loaded with fluffy eggs, bacon, and cheese.