For Sweet Potato Lovers: Scones For a Light Snack. Great recipe for For Sweet Potato Lovers: Scones For a Light Snack. I like both scones and sweet potatoes, so I made this. Adding in cinnamon sugar changes the flavor and gives you another taste to enjoy.
In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sweet potatoes and buttermilk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a lightly greased griddle or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. You can cook For Sweet Potato Lovers: Scones For a Light Snack using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of For Sweet Potato Lovers: Scones For a Light Snack
- Prepare 200 grams of ☆Cake flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ☆Baking powder.
- It’s 30 grams of ☆Raw cane sugar (or regular sugar).
- Prepare 50 grams of ☆Salted butter.
- Prepare 1 dash of ☆Salt.
- Prepare 1 of ☆Cinnamon Sugar.
- You need 130 grams of Sweet potato.
- It’s 1 of ※150ml Soy milk (or milk).
- It’s 1 of Plastic bag.
Mash potatoes with flour, butter, and salt until a stiff dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. A buttery-rich scone is nothing more than a glorified biscuit made even more delicious with our sweet and savory Southern twists. These fluffy treats pair exceptionally well with a cup of joe or tea.
For Sweet Potato Lovers: Scones For a Light Snack instructions
- Cut the sweet potatoes into about 1cm pieces. After placing in water, lightly cover in plastic wrap, and microwave at 600W for 3 minutes..
- Add in 4 tablespoons soy milk (brimming), and microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Attention: It will boil over if there is too much soy milk..
- Add in 3 tablespoons of soy milk while it is warm, and use a spatula to mix until smooth..
- Place the ☆ ingredients into a food processor and give it a spin. Add Step 4 to Step 3 and mix, add in each tablespoon of soy milk one by one and mix until it turns into one lump..
- Place the dough into a plastic bag, stretch out to about 1.5 cm thick, and let sit in the fridge for about 20 minutes..
- Please cut the dough into your desired shaped while still in the bag. The photo shows it cut vertically, horizontally, and diagonally into 12 pieces..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C for about 15~25 minutes, and they're done..
Famously known for their crumbly exterior and soft interior, these baked goods are oh-so-irresistible. This versatile sweet potato, spinach, broccoli and bacon casserole is great to make ahead and package individually to eat throughout the week. Top with pepper Jack cheese before baking for a touch of heat. Substitute bacon with any vegetarian meat option for a vegetarian dish. View Recipe. this link opens in a new tab.