Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream. These Strawberry Cupcakes are made with chunks of fresh strawberries in the cake batter and are topped with a luscious pink Strawberry Buttercream Frosting. These cupcakes are just bursting with flavor and would go down a treat at any celebration! The batter will be velvety and slightly thick.
They are incredibly soft and fluffy, and full of fresh fruit flavor. I can't believe it's the middle of May already. Then it's the final month before the kids are out of school. You can have Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream
- Prepare of Cupcakes.
- You need of all purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of becel olive oil margarine @ room temperature.
- Prepare of white sugar.
- You need of egg.
- You need of egg whites.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of original almond milk.
- It’s of finely chopped strawberries.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s of becel olive oil margarine.
- You need of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of frozen strawberries.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
Strawberry Frosting: Add butter to a large bowl or mixing bowl for stand mixer, beat until smooth and creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, alternating with milk, until smooth. Fold in remaining strawberry puree and diced strawberries, beat until well combined. Decorate cupcakes with frosting, and top with fresh strawberries if desired.
Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream instructions
- Pre-heat oven at 350F.
- Mix sifted dry ingredients except sugar.
- With a electric mixer on medium beat butter until light, slowly add sugar, on slow- add eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- Fold chopped strawberries.
- Bake 18-20 mins, let cool.
- For the frosting – using food processor or ninja blender puree frozen strawberries.
- Beat butter until light and fluffy then gradually add sugar, add vanilla extract lastly add puréed strawberries – adjust according to taste or color..
- Let it cool in the fridge for half an hour or until cupcakes are completely cold. Pipe then add half fresh strawberry for decoration.
Add the strawberry puree, strawberry extract, and salt and beat until the mixture is cotton-candy pink and the puree is fully incorporated. Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe them with the buttercream (Here, I used a large star tip) and serve. Measure out one teaspoon of strawberry jam onto the top of each well of batter. Using a butter knife, cut into the jam and swirl it around in the top half of the batter. Add in the powdered sugar, almond flavoring, strawberry jam and a drop of red food coloring.