Croissants. The croissants were light, flaky and tastes great. I used a little more flour as well used pastry four instead of all-purpose. It made them a little more lighter.
Begin shaping croissants: Working with one triangle at a time and keeping remaining triangles covered with a clean kitchen towel, hold the two corners of the base, and stretch to lengthen it slightly. Grasp inner corners formed by the slit in the base, and lift and stretch them toward the outer sides of the triangle; press to seal. Known in France as croissants de boulanger, this yeasted dough is layered with butter and given a succession of folds that create the distinctive profile of classic croissants. You can have Croissants using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Croissants
- Prepare 150 ml of warm water.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare 12 g of yeast.
- Prepare 65 g of Caster sugar.
- You need 50 g of melted butter.
- Prepare 500 g of flour.
Light and airy and shatteringly crisp, with a deeply caramelized buttery flavor, these croissants are a labor of love that's absolutely worth the time. The croissants are best served barely warm. They can also be wrapped in plastic or aluminum foil and frozen for a month or more. Croissants are a classic French pastry, rolled and shaped into a crescent.
- Mix in all the dry ingredients :flour, salt, caster sugar and yeast..
- Rub in the margarine into the flour mixture.
- Add in the milk,mix in well..
- Add the water gradually as you check for the consistency..
- Knead the dough appropriately, it should not stick to your hands..
- Leave the dough to settle for 10 minutes..
- Spread the dough using a rolling pin as for the puff pastry procedure..
- Fill the center of the dough with the margarine, fold and spread again, fold and chill the dough for to chill..
- Remove the dough from the freezer, spread and fold again and let it chill..
- Spread the dough and cut it into desired stripes..
- Cut the stripes into a triangle..
- From the wide end triangle cut, fold to form a cresent..
- Arrange them neatly on a greased baking sheet..
- With a brush, egg wash properly..
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes @240 degrees..
They're light and airy, and so buttery, with a hint of sweetness and a little bit of a yeasty, stretchy texture. There's nothing else quite like a croissant! Unfortunately, the delicate outside crispness rapidly fades to a soft exterior, so they're best on the day they're baked. Sure it's possible to make croissants from scratch at home, but not everyone wants to tackle what can be a multi-day project. In addition to serving breakfast, lunch, brunch and delicious pastries and desserts, Croissants also specializes in wedding cakes, special event cakes and catering.