Croissants from scratch. Blend into flour along with yeast and oil. How to Make Homemade Croissants from Scratch. VIDEO: See me make croissants from scratch!
Place warm water and yeast in bowl; stir until dissolved. Then cut triangles with the tape measure. Brush the croissants with egg wash a second time. You can cook Croissants from scratch using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Croissants from scratch
- It’s of fresh yeast.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of vanilla sugar.
Put the sheets in the oven. Brush the egg wash across the surface of each pastry and then sprinkle them with the sliced almonds. Place the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt in a large bowl and whisk together until combined. Add the milk and stir together until a stiff dough forms.
Croissants from scratch instructions
- Heat up the milk till it’s lukewarm, add the yeast and sugar and mix well till it’s all dissolved.
- Melt your butter.
- Add your flour, eggs, milk & yeast, pinch of salt, vanilla sugar and melted butter into a bowl and mix well.
- Knead the dough well, put it in a bowl + cover with cling film, then place in the fridge for one hour and preheat the oven to 180-200 degrees.
- Knead the dough again after taking it out from the fridge and divide into two, next roll the dough out into a circle and cut into triangles.
- Put whatever filling you wish (we added some white cheese with vanilla and the homemade Nutella) and roll into a croissant shape and brush them with egg whites, place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool down ☺️.
To bake, allow the croissants to thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake as directed. In a bowl, add ¼ cup warmed up milk and to it add yeast. Then add the sugar and rest of the milk (which should be cold) and mix. Put your flour and salt in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Add the cubed butter and briefly pulse a few times until mixture resembles chunky breadcrumbs.