Chicken satay with peanut sauce and mixed vegetable rice. Delicious chicken satay or grilled chicken skewers marinated with spices and served with peanut sauce. Easy, authentic and the best chicken satay In Malaysia and Indonesia, rice cakes or ketupat are common. The rice cakes are cut into bite-sized cubes for serving.
Then you have a taste of the peanut dipping sauce…… and you'll just shake your head, wondering how the heck can something so simple taste. Perfectly grilled chicken satay skewers in the most flavorful marinade. To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger The sauce is amazing and goes great with the marinated chicken. You can have Chicken satay with peanut sauce and mixed vegetable rice using 36 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken satay with peanut sauce and mixed vegetable rice
- You need 1 kg of chicken boneless cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 6 of whole red chillies(Kashmir).
- Prepare 1 of small onion sliced.
- You need 3 of green chillies.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger peeled and sliced.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic peeled.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 3 tsp of oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare of Vegetable Rice.
- It’s 2 cups of rice soaked in water.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- It’s 4-5 of black pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 3 of cardamom.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of of ginger,garlic and chilli paste.
- It’s 4 of green chillies slit.
- You need 1 cup of mixed vegetables.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of chicken cube(optional).
- You need of Peanut sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of n peanut butter.
- You need 1 tsp of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of chilli flakes.
I served coconut rice with the chicken. Directly from the streets of Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, today we prepare Chicken Satay (called SATE ') with Peanut Sauce. Make your own homemade chicken satay, a popular Southeast Asian street food (and restaurant appetizer Cook, stirring with a whisk, just until the peanut butter melts into the sauce and the sauce is Serve as an appetizer with the dipping sauce, or with rice or cucumbers and greens for a meal. This chicken satay is so flavorful, and the peanut dipping sauce just takes these over the top.
Chicken satay with peanut sauce and mixed vegetable rice step by step
- First roast red chilli, coriander seeds and cumin on a pan for few minutes till its fragrant. Now remove off flame.cool and grind it with onion,green chilli, ginger and garlic.Heat oil in a pan now add in the grinded masala..
- Now keep cooking while add in brown sugar,salt with coconut. Simmer few seconds.
- Now add tomato ketchup, lemon juice and soya sauce.keep stirring for few minutes till the masala is dried and fragrant. Now cool the mixture..
- Now add the chicken boneless to the cool marinade masala.now marinate 1 hour at least. Best result if kept overnight. Now pierce chicken into skewers. Shallow fry them till done..
- Vegetable Rice:Heat oil with onion and the whole garam masala (from above rice ingredients) with chicken cube.when onion is slightly brown add in the ginger garlic and chilli paste,saute few minutes then add vegetables with salt.saute few seconds..
- Now add 2 cups of water,let it boil till it absorbs little water.now cover the lid and let it cook on slow flame.in between open 1 time mix and again cover and simmer for 5 mins.open the lid after few minutes..
- Peanut sauce: take a pan with coconut milk,peanut butter,soya sauce and sugar mix them up..
- Now lastly add chilli flakes now bring on heat till it combines and form smooth paste remove off flame.sauce consistency shouldn't be runny nor thick.now serve sauce with chicken satay.
- Our complementary rice is ready to go along with chicken satay with peanut sauce. Enjoy this delicious and fusion meal.Happy new year😊.
While chicken is cooking prepare peanut sauce, in a mixing bowl whisk together all peanut sauce Really enjoyed this recipe! Love the peanut sauce, and the echoes of coconut lime in the sauce AND inside. Flavorful Thai-style chicken skewers are topped with a sweet and spicy peanut sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce. The sauce was great mixed in with the rice!