Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone). The tomato is the edible berry of the plant Solanum lycopersicum, commonly known as a tomato plant. The species originated in western South America and Central America. The Nahuatl (the language used by the Aztecs) word tomatl gave rise to the Spanish word tomate, from which the English word tomato derived.
Some people use tomato for high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, cancer, and. The tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) is a fruit from the nightshade family native to South America. Despite botanically being a fruit, it's generally eaten and prepared like a vegetable. You can have Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- It’s of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- You need 100 g of Flour.
- It’s 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- You need 100 g of Mini Tomatoes (or 50 g Tomato Juice).
- Prepare 3 big of Basil Leaves.
Monitor tomato plants daily, checking under leaves, checking fruit, and checking near the soil. To dislodge many pests like aphids, spray plants with with a good jet stream from the hose. Handpick insects bigger insects like tomato hornworm with gloves on, dropping into a bucket of soapy water. Tomato definition is – the usually large, rounded, edible, pulpy berry of an herb (genus Solanum) of the nightshade family native to South America that is typically red but may be yellow, orange, green, or purplish in color and is eaten raw or cooked as a vegetable.
Tomato & Basil Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Tear the basil leaves and set aside until use..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl..
- Paste the mini tomatoes using the stick mixer and pour into the dry mixture. Add the teared basil leaves. Use a rubber spatula to mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Celebrity vines bear clusters of medium-large tomatoes that are prized for their flavor. This is a great, all-round, dependable choice. Tomato plants need to move and sway in the breeze to develop strong stems. That happens naturally outdoors, but if you start your seedlings inside, you need to provide some type of air circulation. That small amount of time will make a big difference.