Easy To Make Cheese Scones. Mix flour, cheese, milk and salt together until combined. The mixture is fairly moist and sticky. Put about a rounded tablespoon of mixture onto a greased tray.
Add chopped fresh chives to the flour along with the baking powder and salt. Add minced red onion to the flour mixture. Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. You can have Easy To Make Cheese Scones using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy To Make Cheese Scones
- Prepare 2 of & 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter, salted.
- It’s 1 of & 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 180 ml of full cream milk.
Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough. Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough. Turn onto a floured work surface and knead very lightly.
Easy To Make Cheese Scones step by step
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC. Then combine the flour, baking powder and salt..
- Now add the butter and mix it into the flour using your hands. You should end up with a slightly more crumbly, but still floury consistency..
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and combine it with your milk..
- Add the cheese to your flour mixture followed by the egg and milk mixture. Then gradually mix this in using a flat bladed knife. Make sure not to over work your dough, this is a little known trick that will give you higher scones..
- Prep a smooth work surface with a light dusting of flour and pat the scone dough to a thickness of about 2 cm, again making sure not to overwork the dough..
- Using a circular cookie cutter or the round rim of a glass, stamp out your scones and places them onto a greased baking tray..
- Brush the top of your scones with a bit of milk, bake them in the oven for 20 minutes or until light golden brown..
- Wonderful when served with tea, whipped cream and jam..
- This recipe makes 6 to 8 scones..
Rub the butter into the flour with a pinch of salt, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir through the baking powder and grated cheese, then make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Quickly stir the flour with a knife until the dough comes together. How to make easy cheese scones. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.