Breakfast Empanadas. Empanadas can be made ahead on the weekend when there's more time to cook a large breakfast. Set aside some extra bacon and eggs for the empanadas, which can be baked, cooled, and then frozen. Empanadas reheat well in the microwave on a busy weekday morning.
Take a small bowl to whisk the eggs and season to taste. Finely dice the onions and sweet red pepper. Round out this special breakfast or brunch with a Tomato, Tomatillo, and Corn Salad with Avocado Dressing, some smoky Black Beans (Frijoles Negros), and Mexican Hot Chocolate Glazed Doughnuts with Marshmallow Filling.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, breakfast empanadas. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Empanadas can be made ahead on the weekend when there's more time to cook a large breakfast. Set aside some extra bacon and eggs for the empanadas, which can be baked, cooled, and then frozen. Empanadas reheat well in the microwave on a busy weekday morning.
Breakfast Empanadas is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Breakfast Empanadas is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have breakfast empanadas using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Breakfast Empanadas:
- Get 8 of eggs.
- Make ready Half of a leek stock finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of shallot finely chopped.
- Make ready 1/4 lb. of Smoked ham diced.
- Make ready 1 can of green chilies.
- Prepare of Favorite hand pie dough.
Breakfast empanadas are an easy on the go breakfast made with crescent rolls and filled with eggs, sausage and cheese. Breakfast used to be one of the easiest meals to feed my kids. They'd eat anything I put in front of them. But since they both started school, getting them to eat breakfast is almost impossible.
Instructions to make Breakfast Empanadas:
- Heat skillet to medium low and soften the leeks and shallots..
- Add the ham and green chilies. I used leftover spiral ham that I smoked earlier this year..
- Roll dough out to quarter inch thick and cut into 12 six inch rounds..
- Crack and whisk eggs. Add to the skillet once the ham is warm..
- Stir continuously. The goal here is to have super creamy and slightly undercooked scrambled eggs..
- Move the mixture to the bowl the eggs were mixed in. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and start heating about a quarter inch of oil. I used peanut oil because it's delicious but canola oil works super good too – used before and it's my 'every day' oil..
- Load the rounds with the filling, fold and crimp the seam. Cut slits into the top surface for steam to escape..
- Put the empanadas in the skillet slit side up, don't over crowd. Once the bottom is golden flip and when otherside is golden remove..
- Put on a baking sheet in oven on warm until all are done..
- Eat some right away and freeze the rest. These are super awesome premade breakfasts for camping. Reheat in a cast iron on the campfire and crush it with some coffee and go hit the trail! With salty from the ham and creamy from the constantly stirred eggs you won't miss cheese in here, but can totally be added. A queso fresco would be great..
Add ¼ to ⅓ cup ice water in a steady stream until dough forms. Remove and pat into a disc. These breakfast empanadas are filled with a chorizo, potato, and scrambled egg mixture and enclosed in the best pastry ever (it's easy pastry, promise). It's like a breakfast burrito taken up a few notches. When I was younger and growing up in South America, one of my favorite foods to eat was empanadas.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food breakfast empanadas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!