Easy Scones Made With Pancake Mix. Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump.
The ingredients needed to cook Butter-Free Easy Scones Made with Pancake Mix: Take of Pancake mix. Provide of Milk (or soy milk). Steps to make Butter-Free Easy Scones Made with Pancake Mix: Preheat the. You can have Easy Scones Made With Pancake Mix using 3 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Scones Made With Pancake Mix
- It’s 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 50 grams of Margarine.
- It’s 50 ml of Cold milk (or water).
If you're up for it, you can drizzle icing over the top! INSTRUCTIONS Add baking mix and sugar to a large bowl. Using a pastry knife, cut butter into the mix until lumps resemble coarse meal (the butter can also be pinched in with your fingers). Add milk and stir together until moistened.
Easy Scones Made With Pancake Mix step by step
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly)..
- Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter..
- Once the dough has come together, place it on an oven tray and spread it out into a flat circle. Cut into 8 pieces as if cutting a cake. (It should be about 2 cm thick.) Make some space between the slices. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 170°C..
- I made these scones with chopped chocolate folded into the dough in Step 2..
- I made these ones with blueberry syrup mixed into the dough. The color is a little off but it's good..
- These are great to use as gifts (cocoa flavored + chocolate chips) You can also make milk tea flavored ones by using the contents of a tea bag and some thick milk tea..
- These are with cranberry and fig, and cocoa powder and chocolate chip..
- If you cut out 6 cm circular shapes, you get exactly 6 scones. They will rise to about 7.5-8 cm high. If you make them thick, they will come out moist..
- These use black cocoa powder + white chocolate chips. They taste just like Oreos..
I'm currently obsessed with making snacks using pancake mix. If you lay on the dough thickly, they come out fluffy. If you make them thin, they come out crispy. Adding cocoa powder increases the crunchy texture. (The moist texture decreases.). Whether you're looking for recipes or just want some easy tips to improve your skills, we've got you covered here at Recipes.