Cast Iron Skillet Macho Nachos. To assemble your nachos, put a layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of a baking sheet or large cast-iron skillet. Sprinkle half of the ground beef mixture and half of the black beans over the first layer of chips. Top with one to two cups of shredded cheese.
Add the oil, two turns of the pan. Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium to medium-high. Add the oil, two turns of the pan. You can have Cast Iron Skillet Macho Nachos using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cast Iron Skillet Macho Nachos
- It’s of large handfuls of corn tortilla chips.
- Prepare of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Prepare of pepper jack cheese, shredded.
- You need of chilli.
- You need of sliced, black olives.
- You need of sliced, pickled jalapeños (if preferred).
- You need of diced, tomatoes.
- It’s of sour cream (if preferred).
- It’s of scallions, diced.
- Prepare of Salsa or guacamole or both.
Pour in undrained beans and water. Spread the meat and bean mixture on top of the nachos. Place chips on bottom of cast iron skillet. *Or sheet pan if using. Spread meat on top evenly, followed by cheese. *If using peppers or beans, add these now.
Cast Iron Skillet Macho Nachos instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees..
- In a skillet lay half the chips, then top with a can of chilli, 1/2 the cheddar cheese and 1/2 the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering: chips, chilli, cheese..
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey..
- Remove from oven and quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and scallions. Serve hot with the side of salsa or guacamole. Enjoy!.
While cooking, combine the sour cream, hot sauce, and chili powder together in a bowl. Once you try making our game day skillet nachos, you may never go back to using a cookie sheet. Simply brown ground beef, add taco seasoning, add a layer of tortilla chips to an oven-safe skillet, and top with the taco-seasoned beef. I used Hint of Lime chips but any corn tortilla chip is fine. Then add Cowboy Caviar, cheese, and repeat with another layer of chips, beef, Cowboy Caviar, and cheese.