Cast Iron Skillet Layered Nacho Dip. Layer dip and remaining ingredients in order listed. Preheat broiler with oven rack in upper middle position. Heat the olive oil in a large cast-iron (or other oven-safe) sauté pan over medium heat.
Sprinkle half of the ground beef mixture and half of the black beans over the first layer of chips. Top with one to two cups of shredded cheese. It's an easy Mexican Layer Dip consisting of refried beans, guacamole and spiced sour cream topped with colorful toppings. You can have Cast Iron Skillet Layered Nacho Dip using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cast Iron Skillet Layered Nacho Dip
- Prepare of chorizo or meat of your choice.
- It’s of refried beans.
- Prepare of Mexican shredded cheese.
- You need of enchilada sauce.
- Prepare of guacamole.
- You need of sour cream.
This is the perfect accompaniment for a Cinco de Mayo party with all those gorgeous colors. Give corn, pepper, and garlic a head start in a cast-iron skillet, then add pickled jalapeños, crabmeat, and all the creamy ingredients. Test Kitchen Tip: For a unique riff on a skillet Buffalo chicken dip, try this with leftover or canned chicken instead of crab. While cool and creamy seven-layer dip holds lots of appeal, we wanted to heat things up and make a sizzling-hot take on this classic that was layered with beans and spicy ground meat, plus a variety of fresh toppings.
Cast Iron Skillet Layered Nacho Dip step by step
- Remove chorizo from casings & chop & cook in cast iron skillet or pan of your choice.
- Remove cooked sausage from pan with slotted spoon & discard oil & wipe dry pan.
- Add cooked sausage back to pan & add layers of refied beans, cheese & bake in 450° preheated oven..
- Remove when cheese starts to bubble & add enchilada sauce, sour cream & guacamole & serve with thick restaurant quality nacho chips..
To build the nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a platter or plate. See recipes for Cast Iron Skillet Layered Nacho Dip too. Brown ground beef until no pink remains, drain if necessary. Cook until all liquid is absorbed. In a medium bowl, combine taco meat and refried beans until well combined.