Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes. These are the ultimate chocolate cupcakes. They are perfectly moist and insanely chocolaty, topped with a supreme fudge chocolate frosting. Our Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes recipe calls for jumbo baking cups and a jumbo muffin pan —no minis here.
Moist, rich, cupcakes with intense chocolate flavor in every bite. These are the ultimate chocolate cupcakes! These chocolate cupcakes really are the ULTIMATE! You can cook Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
- Prepare of Cupcakes.
- You need 1 stick of butter, room temp.
- You need 2 oz of semisweet baking chocolate.
- You need 2 of large eggs, room temp.
- You need 3/4 c of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 t of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 c of sour cream, room temp.
- You need 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3/4 c of AP flour.
- It’s 1/2 t of baking soda.
- It’s 1 t of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 t of salt.
- You need of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 t of vanilla extract.
- It’s 12 oz of semisweet chocolate chips.
- You need 3 sticks of butter, room temp.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp.
- It’s 2 c of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 4-5 T of brewed hot coffee.
They are filled with rich chocolate flavor, are perfect for any special occasion, or just a chocolate craving. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes have a super intense chocolate flavor with a soft cake, thick and fudge-like filling, and a smooth frosting. These Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes are chocolate cupcakes that are filled with chocolate mousse, then topped with a chocolate buttercream and a white chocolate ganache. With "Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes," it was the aesthetic appeal of the recipe that first drew me in (high-def photographs; hilarious dialogue).
Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- ~~cupcake instructions~~.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- This recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes, so prepare one pan (or maybe two) with cupcake liners. Using a 2 oz scoop, this made 14 cupcakes..
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each time. Set aside..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream and whisk on medium speed until smooth. (about 1 minute).
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined..
- Add the cooled butter/chocolate to the stand mixer and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly add in the flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time with the stand mixer on low. As soon as you are done adding the flour turn the mixer off. (You do not want to over-mix!) The batter will be very thick..
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 7.5 minutes, turn the pan(s) and bake another 7.5 minutes. The center of the cupcake should spring back up if gently pressed. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting..
- ~~frosting instructions~~.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds..
- Place room temperature butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. Cream together for 3 minutes on medium. The mixture will be light, fluffy, and a pale yellow. Scrape the sides of the bowl..
- In a separate bowl, add 4 tablespoons of hot coffee to cocoa and stir. If the mixture is still very thick, you can add 1 more tablespoon of hot coffee..
- Turn mixer on to the lowest setting and add in confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time. Once incorporated, turn mixer on medium for 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl..
- Turn the mixer off and add in vanilla extract, cooled chocolate, and cocoa/coffee mixture. Mix for another 3 minutes on medium..
- Frosting will darken as it sets. Garnish with sprinkles (chocolate jimmies) if you want!.
But it was the interest factors that had me stay: the gooey ganache center and double-take ingredients like coffee and white vinegar. As a lover of all things mocha, the coffee had me especially. You can omit ganache filling for a more traditional cupcake. Cupcakes: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.