Easy with Pancake Mix, Starbucks-style Scones. Add pancake mix and cold margarine in a bowl. Mix with a spatula or a bench scraper with a cutting motion. It'll be difficult to combine and crumbly and floury first, but it's ok.
The dough is floury first, but it will come together, so don't worry. Add the pancake mix to a bowl and add the cold margarine. Use a scraper (etc.) to fold the margarine into the pancake mix using a cutting motion (do this until it doesn't form one lump, but becomes crumbly). You can have Easy with Pancake Mix, Starbucks-style Scones using 5 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy with Pancake Mix, Starbucks-style Scones
- You need 200 grams of Pancake mix.
- Prepare 50 grams of Margarine (or butter).
- You need 50 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate bar.
- You need 2 tsp of Honey (optional).
Add the cold milk and bring it all together into a lump. Add some chocolate, walnuts, raisins, etc. and fold into the batter. Easy with Pancake Mix, Starbucks-style Scones Recipe by cookpad.japan. They are smaller and even more moist than the ones you get at Starbucks.
Easy with Pancake Mix, Starbucks-style Scones instructions
- Add pancake mix and cold margarine in a bowl. Mix with a spatula or a bench scraper with a cutting motion..
- It'll be difficult to combine and crumbly and floury first, but it's ok..
- Add milk and mix. It might be still floury, but it's ok!.
- Add roughly broken chocolate bar, and combine it all together with your hands..
- Knead until it's no longer floury. Slightly stretch the dough out in the bowl, and pour honey in the middle..
- Fold in the honey, and knead with your hands. When it comes together as in the photo, it's ready..
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ (400℉)..
- Roll out into a 1.5 ~ 2 cm circle, and cut into 6 ~ 8 pieces..
- Place on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 ~ 20 minutes..
- If they need be baked longer, pay attention while adjusting the baking time..
- If they are getting too brown, cover with aluminium foil or turn down the heat to 180℃ (350℉)..
- And it's done!.
- When you don't have pancake mix, refer to this "Kinako Scone". https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/145335-one-bowl-kinako-scones.
- They are "Tea scones" I used 2 teabags worth of tea leaves instead of chocolate..
These are so easy to eat! The amount of each ingredient is easy to remember! Great as a snack or for breakfast. Mix together the pancake mix, baking powder, and sugar with a whisk – this will lighten up the pancake mix and make it fluffy. Next pour in your heavy cream, beaten egg and vanilla, mixing until halfway combined.