Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. When cupcakes have cooled complately, prepare frosting. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla, followed by sifted cocoa powder.
The frosting is that of Cream Cheese, Crushed Oreos, Melted Dark Chocolate, and Condensed Milk. I made these Chocolate Cupcakes without Cocoa Powder and without Eggs. These Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes are super moist and fluffy and you won't even realize that I have not used Eggs. You can cook Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- You need of Dark chocolate cupcake:.
- Prepare of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of warm coffee (freshly brewed).
- You need of white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar).
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of pure olive oil (or canola oil).
- You need of Frosting:.
- Prepare of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- It’s of butter, softened at room temperature.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- You need of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
The replacement for Eggs is Yogurt and Vinegar. Cream together until light, fluffy, and a pale yellow. Vanilla frosting: Another option is topping the cupcakes with vanilla frosting. This is great if you don't want as strong of a chocolate flavor.
Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting step by step
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Brew your coffee; you can brew instant coffee with 2 cups of hot water (or mix 6 espresso shots with enough hot water equal to 2 cups of liquid).
- In a large bowl whisk together 3 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1-1/2 cups sugar, 2 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt..
- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups coffee, 2 Tbsp vinegar, 4 tsp vanilla extract and 2/3 cup pure olive oil..
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until they come together.
- Use an ice cream scoop to pour batter into your lined cupcake pan; They should be about 2/3 full. Bake 18-20 minutes on the center rack or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan 5 minutes and remove to cool on a rack..
- To make the frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer using paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer with a large bowl), beat together 8 oz cream cheese with 1/2 cup butter on medium/high speed until creamy (3 min), scraping down the bowl as needed..
- Sift in 2 cups powdered sugar with 1/2 cup cocoa powder to ensure there are no lumps then add 1/4 tsp salt. Mix on low speed until well combined, scrape down the bowl well then increase to medium/high speed and beat until smooth and whipped (1 min)..
- 3. Add 1 tsp vanilla and beat on medium/high until smooth (1 min). Now it’s ready to be piped onto cooled cupcakes..
Just use regular Buttercream Frosting without the cocoa powder. Drizzle the melted chocolate into the butter and cream cheese and beat until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. For frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter together in a stand mixer. Mix until fully incorporated, light, and fluffy. Add the cocoa powder, then powdered sugar and vanilla extract.