Easy scones. Grate butter into flour mixture on the large holes of a box grater; use your fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in raisins. Self-rising flour, lemon-flavored soda, and heavy cream are the only ingredients required in these incredibly easy lemon scones. If there's an easier recipe out there, we don't know about it. "These scones are so quick and simple," says recipe author purplepiscean.
Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. This Easy Scones Recipe will ensure your afternoon tea or cream tea is just like being at a tea house in England. You can cook Easy scones using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy scones
- Prepare 6 cups of flour.
- It’s 6 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 spoon of essence lemon flavor.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 500 g of stock margarine.
These light and fluffy scones are irresistibly good. This simple English scone recipe will hit the spot if you're craving some tender scones with clotted cream and jam! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Easy scones step by step
- Mix dry ingredients together which is four, sugar and baking powder.
- Rub margarine into dry ingredients.
- Separately beat eggs and add essence lemon flavor.
- Add those eggs to the dry ingredients and mix softly and mix with your hands.
- When is added and nicely mixed add milk and mix.
- Place your flour mix on the table and cut it and bake it..
- Cool them and serve them with tea or juice.
Grate the frozen butter and add to dry mixture. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut in the butter. A simple powdered sugar glaze made with lemon or orange juice or a light cream cheese frosting can be added after baking and cooled slightly for a sweeter more dessert-like scone. Once you learn how easy it is to make scones you will be making them frequently. Gingerbread is a flavor that works with all sorts of delicious holiday baked goods.