Estelle's easy scones. Work the butter into the flour gently but thoroughly with your hands or a pastry blender. For flakier scones, flatten the chunks with your fingers as you go. The finished mixture should be unevenly crumbly, with some of the butter remaining in larger flattened piece.
Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze. Home Fires, is the series inspired by Julie Summers' non-fiction book, "Jambusters. The lovely BBC film creation gives a fascinating social history of the WI, Women's Institute, during WWII (when its members included the future Queen Elizabeth II, along with her mother and grandmother. You can cook Estelle's easy scones using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Estelle's easy scones
- You need 1 kg of self-raising flour.
- It’s 10 ml of salt.
- You need 120 ml of sugar.
- Prepare 400 ml of oil.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 500 ml of milk.
Estelle is a charming, warmly lit French bakery & pâtisserie that is dedicated to quality, located in Sacramento. All of our baked goods are made fresh daily on site and use the finest and freshest local ingredients available. Love the super clean white decor with beautiful lighting. The ladies at the counter were friendly, genuine, and accommodating.
Estelle's easy scones instructions
- Sift the flour.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- Then throw your 400ml oil in a 1L measuring jug.
- Add your 4 eggs and mix well with electric mixer.
- Add your milk until it measures 1L. Mix well.
- Throw your milk mixture by the flour mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- The mixture can be spooned into a sprayed muffin tray.
- Bake at 150 degrees C for 25 mins until golden brown.
- I sift a bit of icing sugar over the scones.
- You get about 24 scones out of the recipe.
Better still, these scones are so good that you will never need to make scones the hard way again! The more tea you taste, the more you will learn to appreciate the nuances between tea types. Lady Estelle will have scones available to enjoy with the tea. This Wall Lamp is a bar style wall lamp in beech, with touch dimmer. It's designed to look architectural, with its simple shape, and has a cool modern look that's great in industrial and contemporary spaces.