Blueberry Scones. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. These meltingly good scones are rich with blueberries and cream. Blueberry Scones These tender scones feature fresh blueberries, which leak rivulets of purple-blue juice into the dough around them as they bake, making for an especially enticing presentation.
Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in cream mixture. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. You can have Blueberry Scones using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Scones
- You need of Dough.
- Prepare 260 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 72 g of butter (cold, cut in chunks).
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Glaze.
- Prepare 1 cup of icing sugar.
- You need of lemon juice (squeezed from 1 small lemon).
Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in butter until largest pieces are the size of peas. Stir in blueberries and lemon zest. Sift together the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Blueberry scones are a quick and easy breakfast pastry recipe.
Blueberry Scones step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F..
- Whisk together the dry ingredients; 2 cups/260g of flour, 1 tbsp baking powder, salt, and 2 tbsp sugar. Using 2 forks or a pastry cutter, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs. Fold the blueberries into the batter. Take care not to mash or bruise the blueberries. Make a hole in the center and pour in the heavy cream (reserve 2 tbsp for brushing). Fold everything together just to incorporate; do not overwork the dough..
- Press the dough out on a lightly floured surface into a log and flatten it to form a long rectangle. Cut the rectangle into squares, then cut the squares in half on a diagonal to get the triangle shape. Alternatively, form a ball from the dough, then flatten it and cut like a pizza to get 8-10 triangles..
- Place the scones on a baking sheet and brush the tops with the reserved heavy cream. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until they start to turn golden. Let the scones cool a bit before you apply the glaze..
- To prepare the glaze measure the icing sugar into a small bowl. Whisk in just enough lemon juice to make a thick glaze that drizzles (add the lemon juice gradually until you reach a liquid but thick mixture). Drizzle the glaze back and forth over the cake. The glaze will need at least 10 minutes to set..
Since there's no yeast, they go from the mixing bowl to the oven relatively quickly. First, mix the dry ingredients together. You need flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in butter until the largest pieces are the size of peas. Using a fork, whisk together cream and egg in a liquid measuring cup.