Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup. Dice onion, green tomato, jalapeno, and green pepper. Add to medium nonstick skillet with teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper. Using a set of tongs or a large spoon, mix the ingredients together.
Add chili powder, cumin, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat. Place cooked meat mixture in slow cooker. You can cook Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup
- Prepare of Soup.
- It’s of White Onion.
- Prepare of Green Tomato.
- It’s of Jalapeno Pepper.
- It’s of Green Pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Russet Potatoes.
- It’s of Smoked Paprika.
- You need of Bay Leaves.
- You need of Dried Rosemary.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s of Milk.
- Prepare of Salted Butter.
- You need of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s of Slurry.
- It’s of Cornstarch.
- It’s of Cold Water.
Place the potatoes, onion, butter, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley and water into a slow cooker. Mash potatoes in the slow cooker to your desired thickness and consistency; stir in cream cheese and cooked ham. Combine potatoes, chicken stock, onion, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker. Combine evaporated milk and cornstarch, whisking to combine until no lumps remain.
Slow Cooker Nacho Potato Soup instructions
- Dice onion, green tomato, jalapeno, and green pepper. Add to medium nonstick skillet with teaspoon of salt and ground black pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch cubes..
- Transfer cooked onion mixture to slow cooker, along with the remainder of the soup ingredients, EXCEPT cheese. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours..
- When cooked, add cheddar cheese to soup and stir until fully melted..
- Make a slurry by stirring together the cornstarch and water in a separate cup/bowl. Add gradually to the soup until you reach the desired thickness. You may or may not use all of the slurry..
In a medium sized skillet cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and the onion is clear. Drain the grease and add to slow cooker. Add soup, taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilis, and milk. In small bowl, beat cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth. Stir in cream cheese, cream and butter.