Homemade Nacho Tortilla Chips. Make a soft dough using water. Roll out into a circle using some dry flour. Using a fork pierce all over and then cut into triangles using a knife.
In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist. Combine the cumin, chili powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips. You can cook Homemade Nacho Tortilla Chips using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Nacho Tortilla Chips
- Prepare of corn tortillas.
- It’s of bottle of olive oil.
- It’s of taco seasoning.
- You need of powdered cheese.
Fry the tortilla chips Place a paper towel on a large plate and have several other paper towels ready. Place a handful of tortilla triangles into the hot oil, in a single layer. Use metal tongs, a metal slotted spoon, or long wooden chopsticks to distribute the tortilla triangles. Freshly made corn tortilla chips, called totopos in Spanish, are best for preparing chilaquiles or nachos, and also to dip in guacamole, queso con carne, a great salsa or use in any dish that calls for chips.
Homemade Nacho Tortilla Chips step by step
- lightly brush both sides of the tortillas with olive oil.
- stack tortillas and cut into 6 wedges.
- bake at 350°F for 15 minutes (watch them closely to make sure they don't burn).
- while the chips are baking, combine the powdered cheese and taco seasoning. adjust amounts to taste..
- remove chips from the oven when they begin to brown.
- straight from the oven, put the chips and the spice blend in a bag. shake to coat.
- best eaten right away, but they will keep in an airtight bag or container for 5 days.
Homemade tortilla chips are lighter, crispier and have a fresher more authentic corn taste. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or foil. Sprinkle half of the grated cheese over the chips. Sprinkle toppings over the chips and cheese. Homemade Tortilla chips made from corn tortillas are a delicious way to enjoy an authentic Mexican appetizer or meal.