Choc chip scones. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Mix together the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla in a small pitcher. Chocolate chips make EVERYTHING better, and scones are no exception! These rich, tender scones aren't overly sweet, allowing the flavor of dark chocolate to shine through. You can cook Choc chip scones using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Choc chip scones
- It’s 500 g of flour.
- You need 1 cup of choc chips.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 100 ml of cooking oil.
- Prepare 160ml of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1 of egg / 125 ml milk for glazing.
Serve them as is, or spread with raspberry or apricot jam for one of those "big sigh" moments. The chocolate chips make them very tasty but the orange juice makes them special. Make sure butter is well chilled to produce the flakiest texture possible. Serve with clotted cream or lemon curd.
Choc chip scones instructions
- Prepare oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place flour into a mixing bowl and choc chips.
- Lightly beat eggs, oil and milk. Add to flour and mix until a soft dough is formed. Do not over mix..
- Flatten or roll out onto a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 20mm..
- Cut out scones with a 6mm scone cutter..
- Place onto a greased baking tray. Brush with beaten egg or milk to glaze scones..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until light golden brown..
These scrumptious scones will make you feel like you're Queen for a day! Chocolate Chip Scones can be made using regular chocolate chips or, if you like, you can cut up your favorite chocolate bar into uneven chunks. While the recipe calls for dried red cherries, you could use dried cranberries or there are many other dried fruits that could be added to the dough instead of dried cherries. These chocolate chip scones are rich in flavor and so tender, they almost melt in your mouth. They are slightly sweet and loaded with chocolate chips.