Scones with cinnamon and apricot jam. They are the best fluffy homemade scones with dried apricots, slivered almonds, almond extract, and cinnamon are drizzled in a sweet cinnamon icing. They are the perfect dessert to serve at a brunch, baby shower, or really any event! In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
Add the apricots, pecans and orange zest. Turn dough onto surface dusted with Bisquick; roll in Bisquick to coat. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. You can have Scones with cinnamon and apricot jam using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scones with cinnamon and apricot jam
- You need 6 cups of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 500 g of Wooden spoon margarine for baking.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of cinnamon.
- Prepare To taste of apricot jam.
Cut in the cream cheese and butter, using a pastry blender, fork, a mixer, or your fingers, until the chunks of butter are the size of peas. In a separate container, whisk together the egg, vanilla and milk. Scones are a favourite in my home too. Slathered with cream and topped with strawberry jam has been the only way it is eaten by my boys.
Scones with cinnamon and apricot jam step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Take your mixing bowl sift the flour, add salt and sugar.
- Mix these dry ingredients then follow with margarine.
- Mix this with hands if your don't have a good processor to mix for the dough must be like bread crumbs.
- In a other bowl mix vanilla essence, eggs and milk mix all together and will add to the dry ingredients.
- Mix with dry ingredients and mix until it soft to roll for your scones.
- Once the dough is is mixed then pour the flour on the table and add the dough spread it and sprinkle the cinnamon and spread the apricot jam and roll your dough cut it place it on the baking pan.
- Glaze your scones and bake for 10-20 minutes until it baked and golden.
- The scones are beautiful and tasty remove them and let them cool on the rack the enjoy them with tea for me perfect cup of tea black without milk and sugar enjoy.
Time to change things up …I love your recipe and definitely want to give this a try. I love your new blog theme as well…it looks awesome 🙂. Combine flour, apricots, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.